Saturday, December 29, 2012

Emily Cheeza is 30!!!!!!!

Emily, Emily, Emily,

Happy 30th Bday!  I know when I was turning 30 it was a bit of a struggle. It was my third-life crisis. When I was in college I looked at people who were in their 30s as being old. I did not want to be old!! I went to the mall and bought some new hoop earrings from the Body Arts store in the hopes of hanging on to my young "cool" self. The 18 year old girl who sold me the earrings to me laughed when I told her my situation.  To her I was old, but as I look at those around me who are also aging, I am YOUNG. I have like two-thirds of my live ahead of me (or at least I hope so)! 
Emily, now that you have reached this age of 30, you have to remember that "oldness" is relative. Hangout with those younger that you to keep cool and hip, but also hang out with those much older than you to keep it in perspective (plus that are cool in their own way too) that you actually are young and have so much of your life ahead of you with so much more to do. It is not over. It has only just begun. Now you must only figure out what "it" is. That is the adventure of life in your 30s! 

Your 31 year old young hip friend,
Danny