Dear Emily:
We go back a ways, not as many as some of your friends, but we've know each other for a bit. I do confess that I really miss our walks, I miss our convos, and I miss your hugs. The milestone of hitting the age of 30 is a grand one, but at the same time, it just kind of passes. I hope that you can change this. I hope that you make your 30th birthday one amazing celebration of life, hope, love, friendship, and change for the positive. No need to dive into the pain of the past, we all know our pain, our suffering, and our trials, and so does the Lord. I'm just grateful to him that we have been friends, we have seen each other through, and we continue to love beyond what we are capable of because of Christ. My sweet friend, you are cherished by your husband, family, and friends. I only wish that I could celebrate with you in Chicago, but I'll celebrate with you in spirit knowing that you'll be well taken care of.
Please have an extra piece of cake, some ice cream, and a coffee to enjoy the day for me. I hope that Joe spoils you and makes you remember what a great and wonderful you are...to all of us. I miss you dearly, but I know that your day of birth will be one of SMILES! Emily Smiles!! And those are most important. Please draw nearer to God, I know that He will draw nearer to you. Hug and kiss Joe, tell him you love him, and remember to take heart, because Christ has overcome and He is victorious.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVELY.
- Jenny Jones (jennytiocwt@gmail.com)